FREE Online Parenting Courses
Leicester City Council are delighted to announce that a range of free online parenting courses are available for all residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland from today.
The Solihull Approach courses cover concerns that parents often face with children, from before they are born to early adulthood, including physical and mental health, understanding their feelings and how to build better relationships.
The courses include the same content as you would receive in a typical face-to-face parenting group run by health visitors. They are available in 108 languages, with voiceovers in English and Urdu. Each course has a number of different components, and they can be accessed at any time and any place.
The courses include:
- Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child - 0-19 years
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your teenager
- Understanding your teenager's brain
- Understanding your brain
- Understanding your child's feelings
- Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your relationships
- Further courses are currently in development, including a specific course for supporting children and young people with possible neurodevelopmental conditions.
All courses are free to access for anyone with an LLR postcode – it just requires users to create an account to access them – and they are available for the next two years.
More details, including how to register and access the courses, are available at: https://solihullapproachparenting.com/online-courses-leicestershire
For more information please see: https://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/news/new-free-online-courses-for-parents-in-leicester-leicestershire-and-rutland/